News » Life Style
Rosh Hashanah is a traditional holiday, but each generation has its own experience, and hence its own understanding of the traditional. Some 20 years ago, not a single Jewish table could do without Gefilte fish or grandmother's mincemeat. Now our children do not always know how this stuffed fish is prepared, preferring simpler dishes. The highlight is that traditional ingredients may remain the same: fish, meat, honey, mustard, but their new, sometimes bold combinations will pleasantly surprise you!
We have prepared two types of menu for you: traditional and modern . You can follow the same style, or you can combine dishes from different lists so that, regardless of generation and preferences, your guests at the table will be full and pleasantly surprised!
Salads and appetizers
Beetroot salad with walnuts (traditional menu)
1. Grate the beets (it is not necessary to spend several hours cooking raw, you can buy ready-made and peeled ones at Maadaney Mania).
2. Add chopped garlic, walnut walnut and prunes.
3. Season with mayonnaise (Sloboda Provencal mayonnaise 9.9 nis/375 gr or 18.90 for 750 gr) and the salad is ready!
Beetroot carpaccio< /strong>(new look)
1. We place two beets on a sheet of foil (we wash the beets, but do not peel). Sprinkle with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
2. Wrap the seasoned beets tightly in foil and place in a preheated oven at 180 degrees. Bake for 40 minutes (until soft).
3. For dressing, combine orange juice, olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Watercress and chard (baby lettuce also works, and arugula is an equally delicious alternative if you prefer it) wash, let dry. Holland goat cheese (8.90 nis/100 gr) cut into thin rectangles.
5. Remove the beets from the oven, cool, peel and cut into very thin round slices. 6. Put them on a plate, put watercress and chard (or arugula) on top, as well as slices of goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and pecans. We complement the dish with balsamic vinegar. Aperitif is ready!
If you don't have the time, energy or patience to mess around with fish, but your heart desires to put a traditional dish on the table, buy ready-made Polish-made stuffed fish (11.90 nis/7 cutlets, 550 gr). Salmon in honey mustard sauce (new look)
1. Mix honey (emek hefer honey 14.90 nis/350 gr) with Dijon mustard (Dijon mustard in assortment 6.90 nis/370 gr).
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey mustard, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, dill and salt.
3. Place the salmon fillet on a baking sheet, coat the top of the salmon with the resulting sauce and bake for 8-10 minutes at temp. 200 degrees.
*If you do not eat fish, but want to keep the tradition and still decorate the table with an integral symbol of Rosh Hashanah, use fish-shaped saltine crackers. Even the rabbis are not against such an alternative. Meat and poultry dishes: Tongue with horseradish (traditional menu) 1. Boil beef tongue (frozen tongue 24.90 nis/kg) in water with carrots and onions (cook for about 2 hours on low heat) . 2. Take out the tongue and remove the skin under a stream of cold water, so it will come off without problems, and cut into equal, but thin enough slices
Tsimes with meat(new look) 1. Cut the beef into small pieces, fry in oil over high heat for 10 minutes until a crust appears 2. Cut the onion into cubes, the pumpkin into slices, and the carrot into large circles. 3. Add vegetables, garlic and prunes to the meat, simmer for 10 minutes over low heat. 4. Add spices and honey, pour water (2 cups), put in the oven for 50-60 minutes (please note that depending on the size of the piece of meat and the power of your oven, the cooking time may vary, we recommend periodically checking the readiness of the dish and when if necessary, increase the baking time).
(traditional and modern) But you definitely don’t have to waste time on dessert. Especially for the holiday, you will find a large selection of honey desserts for every taste on the shelves of our stores. Pastries and cakes for every taste! Cake Bron apple with honey 39.90 nis; Cake Natalie Ryzhik NIS 35.90; Marlenka honey balls 29.90 nis; Cake Bron “Lambada” 900 gr, “Waltz” 1 kg – 89.90 NIS; Cake Mirel “Prague” 49.90 nis/600 gr.
DrinksYou can also easily do with alcoholic beverages! Especially for the holiday in all branches, discounts on different alcohol, you can choose something to your taste: GRAND BREUIL V.S.O.P cognac (FRANCE) 139, 90 NIS/700 ml GRAND BREUIL V.S cognac (FRANCE) 99, 90 nis/700 ml NEMIROFF vodka in assortment 49.90 nis/700 ml Two-layer coffee liqueur SHERIDAN'S 84.90 nis/700 ml BAILEYS ORIGINAL IRISH CREAM liqueur 74, 90 nis/750 ml assortment 24.90/750 ml Wine GENESIS BERESHIT in assortment 39.90 /2 pack. (750 ml each)
Special discounts for the holiday in Maadanei Mania will allow you to create a real alcohol card. You can find discounts on alcohol and other products that will make your holiday tasty and beautiful at the link: https://www.facebook.com/Maadanei.Mania/posts/5602265536536754
*The indicated prices are valid until 01.11. 2022 or until the end of stock according to the assortment of each branch. There may be errors in the ad. Prices shown in the store are final.
**Excessive alcohol consumption is harmful to your health and life-threatening. Photos are for illustration purposes only. Our website: https://mania-m.co.il/ru/Addresses of our branches: https://mania-m.co.il/ru/%d1%84%d0%b8%d0%bb%d0% b8%d0%b0%d0%bb%d1%8b/
*As an advertisement
Follow us on Telegram