In April Ukraine took the 12th place in the ranking of world steel producers.
Ukraine on the results of metallurgical enterprises in April 2019 increased its steel production by 12.6% compared to the same period of 2018 to 1,938 million tonnes As reported by the online edition of the Chronicle.info with reference to, as reported by Interfax-Ukraine citing data from the world Association of steel producers (Worldsteel).
Thus, Ukraine moved up from 13th to 12th place in the ranking of 64 countries — the basic world manufacturers of this production,
The top ten countries producing steel by the end of April as follows:
- China — 85,03 million tons, an increase of 12.7%:
- India — of 8.78 million tonnes, an increase of 1.5%;
- Japan is 8.65 million tonnes, a drop of 0.8%;
- USA — of 7.43 million tons, an increase of 7.3%;
- South Korea — 5.98 million tonnes, a rise of 1.4%;
- Russia — 5.6 million tonnes, a fall of 8.3%;
- Germany to 3.36 million tonnes, a drop of 8.7%;
- Turkey — of 3.04 million tons, an increase of 2.6%;
- Brazil — 2.89 million tonnes, a fall of 1.9%
- Iran — 2.16 million tonnes, a growth of 2.8%
- Italy — 1,95 million tons, a drop of 5.7%;
- Ukraine — 1.94 million tonnes, a growth of 12.6%
- Taiwan — 1.93 million tonnes, a drop of 5%.
Overall in April 2019 64 countries produced 156,67 million tons of steel, which is 6.4% above the APR-2018.
In the Rivne region opened a factory for the production of agricultural machinery
At the end of the four months of 2019 Ukraine has retained 13th place in the ranking of steel producers with an index of 7.44 million tons during the growth of the smelting of 6.6%.