Turkey fired on Russian helicopters in Syria
Russia has stepped up strikes in Syria.
In Syria, the Turkish military fired at two Russian helicopters. This happened on the eve of the Turkish president leaving for Russia for talks, Chronicle.info reports with reference to Channel 24.
Russia itself has also stepped up its strikes in Syria. The aggravation of the situation in Syrian Idlib will be the main topic of the meeting between Erdogan and Putin.
Russian helicopters fired at
The Russians soared over the village of Al-Derdara near the Russian base north of Tal-Tamro in the province Hasaka. Turkish forces launched a missile strike against this aircraft.
However, they failed to hit. The Russian helicopters reacted quickly to the shelling and fired bullets. Subsequently, the helicopters of both sides left the dangerous area.
Before that, Russia provoked Turkey to strike. For two days in a row, Russian aviation carried out raids on Turkish zones of influence in northern Syria.
Recall! & nbsp; Russia is an ally of the Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad in the war with the opposition. Through Assad, the Kremlin wants to strengthen its influence in the Middle East.
The situation in Idlib is escalating: briefly
- The aggravation between Turkey and Syria took place in March 2020. As a result of the Russian attack, 36 people were killed, dozens more were injured.
- Within a few days, Putin and Erdogan & nbsp; agreed on a ceasefire & nbsp; in Syrian Idlib.
- However, the Assad regime regularly violated agreements … In September, several Turkish military & nbsp; were killed here as a result of an attack on a patrol.
- Therefore, Turkey & nbsp; increased the number of units & nbsp; south of Idlib and began to prepare for a ground attack by Syria.
- To reduce the degree of tension , the presidents of Russia and Turkey agreed to meet on September 28 in Sochi.