The Walking Dead: Season One
Over the last ten years of the game, though not made such a sharp jump, as it was in the 2000s, but among them were many important projects that influenced the decade of the year. Resource the Washington Post has compiled a list of 10 of the most important and influential games in the period from 2010 to 2020.
In the early 2000s, video games have honed their ability to tell stories and build worlds in three-dimensional space. But over the last decade, developers threw all their forces to improve the graphics component, the introduction of relentless monetization, activation of services, better integration with social networks, there are new genres (Battle Royale), advanced open worlds, the first project in virtual and augmented reality, but reinforces the all – RTX technology and 4K resolution support.
TOP 10 video games that are the most important representatives of the gaming industry over the last 10 years:
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent (offered a unique gaming experience);
- Minecraft (showed that games help to develop creativity);
- Dark Souls (returned to players in the era of hardcore);
- The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim (for the contribution in modding);
- Candy Crush Saga (an example of a perfect casual game);
- The Walking Dead: Season One (returned the interest in quests);
- Destiny (have shown the benefits of the service model support the game);
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (set new standards for open world content);
- Pokemon Go (via an additional reality);
- Fortnite (a unique approach to monetization in the example of the popular genre of Battle Royale).
The Washington Post also noted Overwatch for the diversity of races and Horizon: Zero Dawn for the woman in the lead role. Game Red Dead Redemption 2 and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is also significantly influenced by another so to speak on the industry, but will manifest this effect only after years.