The United States turned to the EU countries because of the threat of Russian aggression
The concentration of Russian troops on the border with Ukraine worried the United States.
The United States of America on recently appealed to several countries of the European Union and Great Britain because of the accumulation of Russian troops near the borders of Ukraine and the threat of an escalation of the military conflict. armed conflict European External Action Service, Foreign Ministries of Germany, France and Great Britain.
– The reason (appeals – Ed.) – the concentration of Russian troops on the border with Ukraine and the associated high potential for escalation, – the newspaper notes.
Due to the situation with the build-up of Russian troops, the United States is putting pressure in Germany as the government of Angela Merkel, which is running until the election of a new chancellor, and a possible coalition of Social Democrats, the Green Party and the Free Democratic Party (also called the “traffic light” coalition).
Washington insists that Berlin use the Nord Stream-2 gas pipeline as a lever of pressure on the Russian Federation. The latter has yet to undergo certification, in particular in the German Federal Agency for Networks (Bundesnetzagentur), before it is put into operation.
According to the newspaper, Washington expects that Germany will stop or at least revise the certification procedure controversial gas pipeline.
Nord Stream 2 is controversial even among the German parties that agree on a new coalition. For example, the Green Party strongly opposes its launch (unlike the Social Democratic Party).
- The residence of the Iraqi Prime Minister was attacked by a drone
- In Mexico, 19 people died in an accident: the moment was caught on camera
- Biden sent the CIA director to Moscow due to the accumulation of troops near the borders of Ukraine
- In Germany, a jealous woman killed five of her children
< li> The FSB indirectly confirmed the authenticity of the investigation into Navalny's poisoners