Most healthy couples can conceive within 6-12 months. Women older than 35 years may need twice as much time.
The health Ministry of Ukraine urged parents to plan pregnancy, to prepare for conceiving and consult with a doctor. How to prepare for pregnancy told the acting Minister of health Ulyana Suprun on Facebook, reports the Chronicle.info with reference to korrespondent.net.
- To take the General analysis of blood — this will reveal inflammation or anemia, and to appoint additional examination and treatment.
- To be diagnosed infectious diseases — both partners should get tested for syphilis, HIV, hepatitis C, herpes, and existence of immunity to hepatitis b, toxoplasmosis, measles.
- Update or immunized. Infectious diseases during pregnancy — significant risk for physical and mental development of the child. Not all vaccinations can be done during pregnancy.
- Stop Smoking, consume alcohol and drugs — this applies to both future parents. All of these compounds spoil the viability of the egg, sperm and their quality.
- Deal with chronic diseases and medications. They can affect not only quality of life but also on fertility and pregnancy.
- Normalize weight. This is important for both women and men. Normal weight is a body mass index (BMI) of more than 18.5 and less than 25.
- Check the condition of the thyroid gland. Problems with the thyroid gland, lack of hormones and their excess can lead to complication of pregnancy, pre-eclampsia, premature birth or even birth defects.
- Drink vitamins. Needed folic acid (vitamin B9). Begin drinking it for three months before planned conception, and do not stop until 12 weeks of pregnancy.
- Pass inspection at the gynecologist. Get an ultrasound of the pelvic organs and Cytology of the cervical channel. This should be done every 1-2 years.
Suprun also advises not to worry if you haven’t got pregnant in the first cycle.
It became known, what can be dangerous wet wipes
“The maximum probability of conception will be the case for unprotected sex three times a week a week before expected ovulation and during it. The time of ovulation are different and with age, ovulation may occur later,” wrote Suprun.