November 13 : a morning of celebrations


The president of the Republic and the mayor of Paris observing a minute of silence in front of a Good Beer.
© PHILIPPE WOJAZER / POOL / AFP/ PHILIPPE WOJAZER

Subscribe

Monday, Emmanuel Macron, accompanied by his wife Brigitte, and in the presence of his predecessor, François Hollande, has paid tribute to the victims of the attacks on the 13 November 2015, by observing a minute of silence on the scene of the attacks in Paris and in the city of Saint-Denis. The Stade de France, The Carillon and The Little Cambodia, a Good Beer and Casa Nostra, the Counter Voltaire, the Beautiful Team, and finally the concert at the Bataclan : the same ceremony – reading of names of those killed, wreath laying, moment of silence, interaction with the families of the victims – was repeated throughout the morning as a tribute to the 130 people who lost their lives that night as well as over 350 wounded.

Commemorations: the Emotion of the president #Macron in the presence of the families of the victims at the #Bataclan pic.twitter.com/6ig1HqtMyM

— i24NEWS French (@i24NEWS_FR) November 13, 2017

The ceremonies began shortly after 9 a.m. at Saint-Denis, in the presence of the ministers of the Interior Gérard Collomb, Justice, Nicole Belloubet, the presidents of the Senate Gérard Larcher and national Assembly, François de Rugy, of the mayor of Paris Anne Hidalgo, the president of the region Île-de-France Valérie Pécresse and the member of parliament for Seine-Saint-Denis, Éric Coquerel. Emmanuel Macron has laid a wreath in front of the commemorative plaque with the name of Manuel Dias, one killed in explosion on 13 November at the vicinity of the Stade de France. The 13 November 2015, its predecessor, François Hollande, are attending the football match France-Germany. “At the Stade de France, when slam the first shot, we do not know if that is an attack. It takes a second to have the certainty that it is a terrorist attack. […] All my attention is not to create a panic in the stadium and I give the instruction not to move, nobody is suggesting that we have a risk to the public. We have this moment, in making this decision to stay, saved, surely lives, ” he told Sunday night on France 2.

READ  Surcharge outstanding of big business : the Senate says no

READ also November 13 : these victims who refuse to attend the commemorations

“130 people dead, it must never be forgotten ”

The same ceremony is repeated on each of the places of the attacks, Emmanuel Macron and his wife Brigitte exchanging many handshakes with the families present. Michael Dias, son of Manuel Dias, him, is indented, refusing to greet the head of State : “today, there was no interlocutor since the abolition of the secretariat of Aid to the victims by Emmanuel Macron “, he lamented at the microphone of BFM TV. “The reality is that today the guarantee fund refuses to respond to our lawyers […] and it really is completely left behind. “In Paris, a security perimeter, where a score of people to access the Chime and the Little Cambodia. Not all of them are came to pay tribute, but were blocked, as Miguel Fleuriot, 28 years old, manager in a restaurant in the neighborhood. “I zapped that it was today “, he explained. Tanguy Vinger, 17 years old, has dried up the school to ” pay tribute to the victims “. “Well forgotten, it was much more numerous than last year, this is disappointing “, he complained.

“130 people dead, it must never be forgotten,” urged Manuel Valls on CNews, before joining in the tribute. The former Prime minister has called for the “never let your guard down” in front of the terrorist threat, saying it marked “forever” by these attacks. “The threat level is obviously high,” said Edouard Philippe on France Inter. “The military defeat of Daech in Iraq and Syria […] is that it is probably more difficult to organise there actions pass among us,” he said, stressing, however, that the domestic threat remains ” very high “. After the stage of the Bataclan, in the presence of the group Eagles of Death Metal, Emmanuel Macron had to conclude the commemorations by visiting the site of the town hall of the 11th arrondissement where the association of families of victims, Life for Paris is organising a ceremony ending with a release of balloons, as in 2016. The 13 November 2015, France had been hit by the worst terrorist attacks in its history, claimed by the organization islamic State.

READ  35 % of French people satisfied with the first 6 months of Macron

Share Button