Ninth person dead after the Travis Scott concert – VG

Spread the love

Ninth person dead after the Travis Scott concert – VG

NARROW: Still image from a mobile video from the concert. Nine people have so far lost their lives after the chaos that ensued. People should have shouted at those behind them to give more space. Foto: Gabe Casey via AP

A 22-year-old woman lost her life on Thursday as a result of injuries she received at the Astroworld festival last week.

Published:

Less than 40 minutes ago

22-year-old Bharti Shahani died on Thursday from the injuries she sustained during the concert tragedy at rapper Travis Scott’s festival Astroworld last Friday.

Shahani studied at Texas A&M University, and died following the family’s lawyer James Lassiter from “terrible injuries” she sustained during the concert.

She was at the concert with her sister and cousin, who both survived. Earlier this week, she was pronounced dead, according to TMZ.

previous

full screen

in thisEMERGENCY THEATER: Hundreds received treatment on the spot after the accident. Many were also transported to hospitals.

1 of 2Photo: KTRK

Nine victims – several still in critical condition

Shahani is the ninth person who has so far lost his life after the chaos that arose at the concert, where a large number of people were injured after being squeezed among the audience, or fell and been trampled on.

Several people are still hospitalized. Among them is one nine-year-old in a coma, who was at the concert with his family.

FIGHTING FOR LIFE: Nine-year-old Ezra Blount has been hospitalized after the concert tragedy in the USA. The picture is from the entrance to the Travis Scott festival Astroworld, where the boy was with his family. Photo: Taylor Blount via AP

The nine-year-old is said to have fallen off his father’s shoulders and been trampled on during the concert. The boy is now hospitalized with injuries to the brain, liver, kidneys and lungs, the family’s lawyer states.

On Thursday, the boy is still in hospital in critical condition.

Travis Scott: Asks victims to contact him directly

Travis Scott asks victims and relatives the same day to contact him directly so that he can give them help, reports Reuters. Representatives of the rapper say in a statement that those who want help can contact him at a dedicated email address.

– He is upset about the situation, and desperately wants to give his condolences and help them as soon as possible. But he also wants to respect each family’s desire for how they would like to get in touch with him, they write in a statement.

Scott has previously said he will pay for costs the victims may have associated with funerals and psychological follow-up.

“Together with his team, he has actively explored opportunities to get in touch with every single family affected by this tragedy,” said the statement from Scott and his team.

The rapper was out early to express their despair:

– I am completely crushed by what happened yesterday. My prayers go out to the families and those affected by the incident during the Astroworld festival, he wrote on social media the day after the incident.

SUPER STARS: Travis Scott and Drake. Photo: [ANGELA WEISS, CHRIS DELMAS] / AFP

However, the rapper has had to endure a huge rage on social media because of what happened. Most of the criticism is precisely that he did not stop the concert when the chaos broke out.

Night to Tuesday broke artist Drake the silence after the tragedy. He was a guest artist at the concert – and he too has been sued by the victims of the tragedy and their families.

– I have spent the last few days trying to grasp this enormous tragedy. I hate to resort to this particular platform to express a feeling as fragile as grief, but that’s where I am, he wrote in a post on Instagram.

– My heart is broken, he continued.

Previous Article
Next Article