More than $ 1,600 per cubic meter: the EU is investigating the reasons for the record jump in gas prices
Governments have called for common rules on gas reserves.
Five countries of the European Union intend to find out the reasons for the record jump in gas prices in Europe. This was announced on Tuesday, October 5, in a joint statement by France, Spain, the Czech Republic, Romania and Greece, which was published by Bloomberg journalist Javier Blas, Chronicle.info reports with reference to the Correspondent.
The statement says that & # 171; it is necessary to understand & nbsp; why the current gas contracts of the European market were insufficient & # 187 ;.
Countries also called for the establishment of common rules for Europe on the volume of gas reserves in order to mitigate price surges. In addition, they proposed to increase coordination in purchases in order to improve overall positions.
The document notes that this is a joint statement of the ministers of economy and finance of the aforementioned countries.
- Kiev is preparing for a lockdown: only vaccinated people can be allowed into transport
- Another record: the gas price exceeded $ 1200
- In northern Italy, heavy downpours caused floods and landslides. Video
- Compulsory vaccination: lawyers answered whether it is legal
- Mark Zuckerberg commented on the global failure of Facebook services