Mass shooting in Montenegro: 11 dead

News » Incidents

 Mass shooting in Montenegro: 11 dead

Eleven people, including two children and an armed criminal, were killed in a mass shooting in Montenegro on Friday, and six more were injured, the state prosecutor said on Montenegrin television after collecting evidence at the crime scene.

“When we arrived at the scene, we saw nine corpses, including two children. Two more died on the way to the hospital”, — Andriyana Nastic, the state prosecutor, told Vijesti TV.

Nastic did not disclose the age of the dead children or details of the victims' identities. say the shooter was killed by a civilian”, — Nastić said she refutes earlier media reports that the gunman was shot by the police.

The media reported that a man from Cetinje opened fire indiscriminately in his area after a family scandal.

PM Montenegrin Minister Dritan Abazovic said that three days of mourning had been declared in the country since Friday evening.

“I was deeply disturbed by reports of a terrible tragedy in Cetinje. I express my deepest condolences to the affected families and to all who have lost their loved ones, ", — tweeted President Milo Djukanovic.

Follow us on Telegram

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.