Israel: Three tourists ate poisonous mushrooms and ended up in the hospital

News » Incidents

 Israel: three tourists ate poisonous mushrooms and ended up in the hospital

Three tourists were hospitalized after eating poisonous mushrooms.

According to the Jerusalem Post, last week three men walked around Jerusalem, picked mushrooms and cooked them into soup, however, the mushrooms turned out to be dangerous.

One of the victims, who is on a ventilator and is in critical condition, is a Chinese citizen. He arrived at the emergency room Friday morning with nausea and weakness after his friends had already been treated.

A few hours after arriving at the Sourasky Medical Center in Tel Aviv, the man passed out. In addition to being poisoned, he also suffered from kidney failure.

“We have no choice but to put him on a heart-lung machine and dialysis. We ourselves were surprised at how quickly his condition deteriorated. It is difficult to assess his chances of recovery,” the medical center said.

The Sourasky Medical Center contacted the man's two traveling companions and is trying to find his family in China.

Follow us on Telegram

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *