In Sweden, the author of the caricature of the Prophet Muhammad died in an accident: he was repeatedly threatened
The man went everywhere with security.
Lars Vilks, a cartoonist from Sweden, died in a car accident. This happened on the Swedish E4 highway on October 3, Chronicle.info reports with reference to Channel 24.
Vilks is known to the world as the author of the image of the Islamic prophet Muhammad in the form of a dog since 2007. Since then, the man has traveled everywhere with security due to threats of revenge.
The author of the caricature of the Prophet Muhammad died in an accident in Sweden
In 2007, the Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks drew a sketch of a sculpture of a dog. & nbsp; And all would be fine , yes to the body of the animal Vilks & nbsp; finished the head & nbsp; Islamic prophet Muhammad.
This caused outrage among Muslims around the world. & Nbsp; Known terrorist organization & # 171; Al-Qaeda & # 187; announced the award for the head of Wilks himself – & nbsp; 100 thousand dollars.
- Since then, the Swedish artist has lived accompanied by police guards.
- On he was repeatedly attacked, shelled, and his house was tried to burn down.
In Denmark, in 2015, the premises where Vilks held a meeting was fired upon/Photo Scanpix
In the end, Lars Vilks died, when he was 75 years old – in the south of Sweden on the E4 highway a truck collided with his car, after which both cars were engulfed in fire.
Two policemen also lost their lives in an accident, & nbsp; who were near Vilks. & nbsp; But it is not yet known whether it was a planned attack, or an accident. & nbsp; The truck driver was taken to the hospital with injuries and interrogated. An investigation is underway.
The most notorious cartoon scandals that turned into tragedies
- In January 2015, the office of the French weekly Charlie Hebdo, which published cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, was attacked. Then 12 people lost their lives.
- Nevertheless, the magazine continued its editorial policy, constantly publishing provocative images.
- Also in France in October 2020, a young man of Chechen origin cut off the head of a school teacher Samuel Pati – only because he allegedly showed children caricatures of Muhammad.
- Subsequently, a 13-year-old student of Pati admitted that she lied about the teacher's behavior – she was simply afraid of punishment for absenteeism.
- Pandora Papers: which of the world leaders are hiding offshore revenues
- In Britain, doctors warned of dismissal due to vaccinations: deadline set
- In Poland, 26-year-old mother strangled three children
- Lukashenko announced his readiness to turn Belarus into a military base of the Russian Federation
- The detention of Saakashvili: all the details and the reaction of the world community