Specialist in the field of sexual health spoke about the ten myths that still believe a lot of people.
But in vain!
1. Using two condoms is a bad idea.
The friction they most likely will not protect you twice as good, and tear. It is best to use once. Do not be insecure, then nothing will happen, reports Rus.Media.
2. Cold extends to the sexual organs.
You can see the signs of a cold in the form of herpes on their lips, but also on the genitals. Often herpes in both of these areas can be caused by the same virus type. It is undesirable to engage in oral sex if the partner has a cold, especially if she had herpes. Or reinsurance is wearing a condom.
3. No, most genital infections will not disappear by themselves.
On self-healing in this case should not count. But if such infection is discovered early enough it can be treated with antibiotics, like many STDs. Even if you have no symptoms, it does not mean that you are healthy and can continue to lead an active sexual life, infecting others.
4. Syphilis is not history, but a very common disease today.
According to an article published in the British medical journal earlier this year, the number of newly identified cases of syphilis almost doubled between 2012 and 2016.
5. If syphilis is not treated, it will kill you.
The good news is that in recent times syphilis has rarely at such a late stage. But if syphilis is not treated, it stays in your body and hurting him. In the final stage of syphilis (in 20-40 years after infection) necrotic shoots, called “rubber”, is formed on the bones and the organs, and basically eats your body from the inside.
6. So, you can catch sexual infections through oral sex.
It is possible to obtain in this way gonorrhea, chlamydia, or herpes. It is better to use a condom or pre-tests for both partners.
7. Condoms can’t always protect you from genital infections.
A condom does not protect, for example, syphilis, genital herpes, human papillomavirus infection, some parasitic infections, scabies, pubic lice and molluscum contagiosum.
8. Shaving the pubic hair won’t save you from crabs.
These small parasites can live anywhere — of course, where you have body hair. So they can just move into your beard, eyelashes, feet, or armpits. So it is better to seek help from a doctor.
9. Incidentally, they are also not harmless.
The allocation of pubic lice can cause host of allergic reactions, irritation of the skin. Infection of the eyelids and eyebrows, the pubic louse can lead to the development of conjunctivitis and blepharitis.
10. You can catch sexual infections in the simulation of sexual intercourse.