France: Kurdish attack suspect hated foreigners

News » Incidents

 France: Kurdish attack suspect hated foreigners

< /p>

French man suspected of killing three Kurds in Paris shootout confesses to “pathological” hatred of foreigners, Paris prosecutor Laure Becco said on Sunday, December 25, according to the AFP news agency.

According to prosecutors, the 69-year-old man was due to appear in court on Monday. The suspect spent nearly a day in a psychiatric hospital before being returned to police on Sunday.

Bekko's statement said the suspect was “depressed and suicidal” and also said he “wanted to kill foreigners” after his home was robbed in 2016.

A shooting at a Kurdish cultural center and a nearby hairdresser on Friday, December 23rd, caused panic in the city's busy 10th district, which houses numerous shops and restaurants and a large number of Kurds.

Three others were injured in the attack, but none of them are in a life-threatening condition, and one has now been discharged from the hospital, the prosecutor said on Sunday.

French President Emmanuel Macron condemned the shooting and said: “The Kurds of France have been the target of a monstrous attack in the heart of Paris. We think of the victims, the people who are fighting for their lives, their families and loved ones.”

The suspect, identified by the French media as William M., has a history of gun offenses. He was previously convicted of armed violence in 2016 by the Saint-Saint-Denis court, but filed an appeal, as a result of which he was released. However, a year later he was convicted again for illegal possession of firearms.

Follow us on Telegram

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *