France has counted the number of pedophiles in the Catholic Church
At least 10,000 children could have suffered at the hands of pedophiles among members of the French Church.
According to preliminary estimates of the independent commission The French Catholic Church, which has been investigating pedophilia in church circles, has served from 2.9 thousand to 3.2 thousand pedophiles in the country's Catholic Church for 70 years, Chronicle.info reports with reference to the Correspondent.
The agency clarified that the commission had been investigating for more than two and a half years, studying the period from 1950 to the present day, based on church, judicial and police archives, as well as interviews with witnesses.
According to the head of the commission, Jean- Mark Sow, the study found between 2.9 thousand and 3.2 thousand pedophiles among church members. He did not rule out that there may be many more of them. & Nbsp;
The full report of the commission should be released on Tuesday, October 6, it contains 2,500 pages.
Independent The commission was created in 2018 by the French Catholic Church in response to a series of pedophilia scandals within the church. It consists of 22 people, including lawyers, historians, sociologists, medical specialists and theologians.
- The author of the caricature of the Prophet Muhammad died in an accident in Sweden: he was repeatedly threatened
- Pandora Papers: which of the world leaders are hiding offshore revenues
- In Britain, doctors warned of dismissal due to vaccinations: deadline set
- In Poland, a 26-year-old mother strangled three children
- Lukashenko announced his readiness to turn Belarus into a military base of the Russian Federation