The pilot “Mercedes” Lewis Hamilton in Monaco sealed a fourth win of the season.
At the start of the race in the leading group changes
happened was Hamilton, Bottas, Verstappen and Vettel defended his position.
Aggravation in the race occurred after the activity of LeClair –
pilot “Ferrari” in the attempt to break through after a failed the qualification collided with Hulkenberg
and provoked the appearance on the track the safety car, which in turn
led to a wave of pit stops. It is due to the pit stop ahead of Verstappen
Bottas became the main rival of Hamilton. However, the joy of the Dutch
was short for a dangerous departure on the route, the stewards fined him for 5 seconds.
In the middle of the race Hamilton started to complain of increased
the wear of the front tires. The defending champion thought he would have again
to get back to the pits, but in the end, the British managed to repel all attacks Verstappen and
to finish first. This victory was for Hamilton 77th in his career.
“Mercedes” for the first time in the season failed to make the winning
double. Second thanks to a penalty Verstappen finished Vettel and Bottas
settled for the third position.
The Monaco Grand Prix. Race results:
1. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) — 78 laps
2. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) +2,602
3. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) +3,162
4. Max Verstappen (Red Bull) +5,537
5. Pierre Went Out (Red Bull) +9,946
6. Carlos Sainz (“McLaren”) +53,454
7. Daniil Kvyat (Toro Rosso) +54,574
8. Alexander Mirel Albon (Toro Rosso) +55,200
9. Romain Grosjean (“Haas”) +1.00,894
10. Daniel Ricciardo (Renault) +1.01,034