The pilot “Mercedes” Lewis Hamilton was fastest in qualifying for the Monaco Grand Prix.
The main sensation of the first segment was the failure of the racer “Ferrari”
Charles LeClair, who because of the inconsistency with the team did not have time to go
the second fastest lap and took in qualifying in only 16th place, which minimizes
his chances of getting into the end zone. In addition to LeClair from the struggle for the high
space prematurely retired Perez, Stroll, Russell and Kubica.
Leadership in the second segment captured the racer “Red bull”
Max Verstappen (1:10.618), and in the top 10 was no place for Hulkenberg,
Norris, Grosjean, Raikkonen and Giovinazzi, which at the start will lose three
position for blocking Hulkenberg in the first part of qualifying.
In the final of Saturday’s races first attempt with a score of 1:10.252
won, Bottas, but the second Hamilton with the new record surpassed
the result of your partner (1:10.166). The reigning world champion in the 85-th time in
your career will begin the stage of Formula 1 with leading positions.
The Monaco Grand Prix. Qualifying results:
1. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) 1.10,166
2. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) +0,086
3. Max Verstappen (Red Bull) +0,475
4. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) +0,781
5. Pierre Went Out (Red Bull) +0,875
6. Kevin Magnussen (“Haas”) +0,943
7. Daniel Ricciardo (Renault) +1,052
8. Daniil Kvyat (Toro Rosso) +1,105
9. Carlos Sainz (“McLaren”) +1,251
10. Alexander Mirel Albon (Toro Rosso) +1,487