12 February – Wednesday
Today, February 12, believers honor the memory of Three Saints, John Chrysostom, Basil the Great and Gregory the theologian. Your attention traditions and superstitions on this day – find out what you can and cannot do!
Date February 12, made history several significant events and holidays.
TODAY WAS A RELIGIOUS HOLIDAY
The calendar believers today revere the memory of Three Saints, John Chrysostom, Basil the Great and Gregory the theologian.
BIRTHDAY: WHO CELEBRATES THE DAY OF THE ANGEL
Wednesday, February 12, nameday of the holders of such names: Basil, Gregory, Hippolytus, Ivan, Peter, Theodore, Stephen, Zeno, Theophilus. Don’t forget to congratulate the heroes of the occasion with the Day of the angel!
THIS DAY IN HISTORY: INTERNATIONAL HOLIDAYS AND EVENTS
- 1914 – the first flight of the aircraft “Ilya Muromets” (construction of Kiev and Igor Sikorsky) with 16 passengers on Board.
- 1918 – in Korosten Mala Rada of UNR took Vladimir’s Trident as the large and small coat of arms of the Ukrainian state.
- 1924 – the Mummy of Tutankhamun was removed from the tomb 15 months after its opening.
- 1924 – premiere of “Rhapsody in Blue” by George Gershwin.
- 1924 – the poles have tortured Olga Basarab, the organizer of the 1st female couple Legion USS scout, activist SVR, connected Colonel Eugene Konovalets.
- 1936 – in Kiev opened the first exhibition of folk art of Ukraine.
- 1939 – the first elections to the Sejm of Carpathian Ukraine.
- 1946 – Winston Churchill first uttered the favorite phrase of all politicians: “No Comments”.
- 1960 – in Kiev was put into operation the first Ukrainian nuclear reactor (research WWR-M at the Institute of physics, Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR – now Institute for nuclear research of NASU).
- 1992 – Ukraine established diplomatic relations with Latvia.
- 1992 – Democratic socialist Republic of Sri Lanka has recognized the independence of Ukraine.
WHO WAS BORN ON 12 FEBRUARY
- 1572 John Donne, English poet, a major representative of the metaphysical direction.
- 1637 – Jan Svammerdam, Dutch physiologist who discovered red blood cells.
- 1809 – Charles Darwin, British naturalist.
- 1835 – Anatoly Krolicki, Church leader, writer, novelist, one of the Transcarpathian leaders” of the second half of the 19th century.
- 1871 – Les Martovych, Ukrainian writer.
- 1879 – Helena Roerich, wife of Nicholas Roerich, the author of religious-philosophical system of the Living ethics.
- 1884 – Natalia polonska-Vasylenko, the Ukrainian historian.
- 1885 – Nikolay Sinelnikov, Ukrainian actor, teacher, Director.
- 1895 – Anatoly Petritsky, the Ukrainian painter.
- 1896 – Enric Monjo, Spanish sculptor.
- 1901 – Ivan Senchenko, a Ukrainian writer.
- 1904 – music Yuri, Ukrainian translator, lecturer, literary critic.
- 1908 – Jean Effel, French painter caricatures.
- 1918 – Julian Unger, American theoretical physicist, one of the founders of quantum electrodynamics, Nobel laureate.
- 1919 – Zenoviy Ketsalo, Ukrainian artist.
- 1923 – Franco Zeffirelli, Italian film and Opera Director.
- 1932 – Vasily Yaremenko, a Ukrainian critic.
- 1935 – ray Manzarek, keyboardist of the legendary band “The Doors”.
- 1939 – Joe don Baker, American actor (starred in films about George. Bond).
- 1945 – Maud Adams, American actress.
- 1947 – benoît Jacquot, French film Director.
- 1950 – Michael Ironside, American actor.
- 1950 – Steve Hackett, English rock guitarist, former member of the band “Genesis”.
- 1963 – Claudio Amendola, Italian actor.
- 1980 – Christina Ricci, American actress.
the work of Anatoly Petritsky
FOLK SUPERSTITIONS AND TRADITIONS
- Red moon – to a strong wind.
- The wind rose – raw year.
- The rabbits in the gardens, come to the upcoming frosts.
- Trees hoarfrost covered to heat.
- Blew the North wind, and no clouds to a strong cold.
- Mouse from under the forest floor out into the snow to thaw.
- The horse falls to the ground – to heat or snow.
- The sun rolled cloud – to Buran.
- Bullfinch creaks – snow, blizzards and slush.
- Wolves howling under the housing – to frost.
WHAT NOT TO DO TODAY
- According to folk legend, this day can not to spin and to sew.
- Also, do not Shoe horses. Who will break this Covenant, that will hurt your feet and hands.
- Even today refuse to visit. There is a chance of a serious conflict.