Today you will not surprise anyone with the fact that the so-called doping is widely used in sports. This word is understood as the use by the participants of the competition of various medications that increase the efficiency of the body: improve endurance, strength, activate mental activity, etc. Similar drugs were invented back in the 20th century to solve practical problems: helping sick people, accelerating recovery from injuries, and fighting serious illnesses. But in the end, athletes became addicted to such drugs, as they noticed that they radically change the state of the body.
Modern competitions in any discipline cannot be imagined without the participation of people in chemistry. Steroids, vitamins, hormones and other things have become so common and common in this area of life that they have come to terms with them. Formally, many organizations advocate clean sport, for example, the International Olympic Committee, but in fact find there a “ clean '' athlete & ndash; unrealistic task.
“It's sad that in sports there are people caught doping not once, but twice. It's sad that they still have the opportunity to compete in the Olympics. It breaks my heart. ” These are the words of the famous American swimmer Michael Phelps.
What are the types of doping?
All doping drugs can be divided into the following groups:
- Vitamins. They have a positive effect on all systems of the body, causing a surge of strength, vivacity, a charge of energy;
- Stimulants. Drugs acting as pathogens on the human nervous system. These include ephedrine, caffeine, sydnocarb, strychnine, and others. Stimulants are able to have an activating effect, a person works for some time on the rise, the limit of possibilities;
- Anabolic steroid. The most famous class of doping, which, when used regularly, leads to muscle hypertrophy. It is a synthetic substance that mimics the action of the male hormone testosterone. The more it is in the body, the stronger and stronger the muscles with proper training, the rougher the voice, the more vegetation. Anabolics are loved by bodybuilders, weightlifters, athletes, even football players, basketball players, everyone for whom it is important to have muscle mass;
- Pain relievers. A type of drugs that block pain sensations of various origins. A person under such a drug continues to be active, despite serious injuries.
There are also other options for doping, for example, hormones, diuretics, etc.
< strong> Doping and sports
There is an eternal dispute & ndash; whether it is necessary to prohibit doping and how it affects the development of predictions for sports and sports in general. There is an opinion that without “ chemistry '' all maximum records in various sports were set back in the 20th century. Since the 60s and 70s, sports have been completely “ cheated '' and an ordinary person in his natural state cannot even come close to modern records.
There are two key points of view on the current situation:
- If you look at sports as a demonstration of the capabilities of the human body & ndash; doping is undoubtedly harmful, as it distorts people's perceptions of what they are capable of;
- If we evaluate sports as an entertainment show, then all means are good for entertaining the audience.
Stimulating substances are not needed for independent training and improving your body; for professional sports & ndash; necessary. In the end, each person makes his own choice, weighing all the pros and cons.