News » Incidents
Two men from different cities of Israel choked while eating Hanukkah donuts – sufganiyot, and were evacuated to the hospital in serious condition.
A 70-year-old man was evacuated to a medical center "Laniado" in Netanya after choking on a donut. Medics treated the unconscious man at the scene and then took him to the hospital, performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
“We found the man lying on the ground with no heartbeat and no breathing. We immediately began resuscitation measures … We removed a piece of dough from his throat using special equipment. We evacuated him to the hospital, continuing cardiopulmonary resuscitation, during which he was in an unstable and serious condition, “the MDA said.< br />
Another man, about 60 years old, choked on a sufganiyot in Ofakim and was evacuated to the Soroka hospital. Motti Elbaz, a United Hatzalah EMT volunteer, said: “According to the man's family, he choked while eating sufganiyot. Together with the other rescuers who arrived, I performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation on the man in an attempt to save his life. Due to compression, a piece of donut was knocked out of his respiratory tract. Miraculously, the man's pulse recovered, and he was taken to the Soroka hospital. in serious but stable condition.
Follow us on Telegram