A huge fire in the British nature reserve was caused by a barbecue

News » Incidents

 A huge fire in a British nature reserve was caused by a barbecue

90 firefighters were deployed to put out the huge fire that broke out on Studland Heath in Dorset on Friday.

The Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said it found among The ash from a used disposable grill was speculated to be the likely cause of the fire.

The flames spread across Purbeck Island, forcing the police to evacuate people from Studland Beach.

Crews worked through the night, trying to contain the fire.

Studland Heath is a Site of Special Scientific Interest and home to all six species of native British reptiles, including the rare and endangered sand lizard and smooth snake.

In an effort to reduce the number of used disposable barbecues, several networks of super markets stopped selling them during the heat wave in the UK.

Follow us on Telegram

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.