December 9 – Monday
Today, December 9, believers celebrate the memory of Saint innocent, Bishop of Irkutsk. Your attention traditions and superstitions on this day – find out what you can and cannot do!
Date 9 Dec made history several significant events and holidays.
TODAY WAS A RELIGIOUS HOLIDAY
On the religious calendar today, December 9, believers are celebrating the day of St. innocent, Bishop of Irkutsk, who was descended from a noble family Kulchytsky. His parents in the middle of the SIXTEENTH century moved from Volhynia to the Chernigov region. The Saint was born about 1680, educated at the Kiev theological Academy. Monk was appointed as a lecturer at the Slavonic-Greek-Latin Academy as prefect and Professor of theology.
BIRTHDAY: WHO CELEBRATES THE DAY OF THE ANGEL
Monday, 9 December, nameday of the holders of such names: Vasily, Georgy, Ivan, Ilya, Michael, Nazar, Peter, Jacob. Don’t forget to congratulate the heroes of the occasion with the Day of the angel!
THIS DAY IN HISTORY: INTERNATIONAL HOLIDAYS AND EVENTS
- The international day against corruption
- 1918 – the Directory of the UNR was restored, the law on the eight-hour working day
- 1931 – the beginning of the Second Spanish Republic
- 1953 – US General electric company announced the dismissal of all employees of the Communists, which soon was sold
- 1968 – in San Francisco at a professional conference, Doug Engelbart first publicly demonstrated or invented by him in his laboratory mouse and hypertext
- 1990 – victory in the presidential election of Lech Walesa
- 2004 – entered into force adopted by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of the laws on amendments to the Constitution and especially the vote on December 26 presidential elections in Ukraine
- 2005 – in London ended the exploitation of Rootmaster – the famous red double Decker buses, which for many years was a symbol of London
- 2007 – in Yalta opened the monument to Taras Shevchenko
WHO was BORN 9 Dec
- 1608 – John Milton, an eminent English poet
- 1651 – Daniel Tuptalo, Ukrainian writer, the Church and public figure
- 1832 – Adalbert Kruger, a German astronomer
- 1863 – Borys Hrinchenko, Ukrainian writer, ethnographer. Author of fundamental works, historical essays, the first textbooks in the Ukrainian language and literature
- 1946 – Sonia Gandhi, Indian politician of Italian origin, the leader of the Indian national Congress, widow of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi
- 1953 – John Malkovich, American actor, producer and Director
- 1964 – Paul landers, rhythm guitarist of the German band Rammstein
FOLK SUPERSTITIONS AND TRADITIONS
- Far from home wolf howls – a strong frost will
- Stand in a Blizzard all day – early watering bees will
- Frost fell – will be a good harvest
WHAT NOT TO DO TODAY
- No offense to my family and friends
- Don’t refuse me
- Don’t talk too loud