45 countries reminded the Russian Federation about the poisoning of Navalny
Russia must respond – within 10 days.
Opposition Russian politician Alexei Navalny is in a penal colony in Russia. However, about an attempt to poison him with a substance from the group & # 171; Newbie & # 187; the world has not forgotten, reports Chronicle.info with reference to Channel 24.
The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) sent Russia a number of questions on this incident, which occurred in the summer of 2020. Now Russia must answer – within 10 days.
The OPCW has questions for Russia because of Navalny's poisoning
British representatives to the OPCW tweeted that there are questions to the Kremlin in the case of the poisoning of Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny.
45 states-members of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, including the United Kingdom, told the OPCW Executive Council that officially will put Russia questions about the poisoning of Alexei Navalny,
– the message says.
As stated in Article IX of the OPCW Convention, Russia has 10 days to respond.
Help: The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons was established at the UN in 1997; now it includes 193 countries, including Ukraine (since 1998). The organization is called upon to control the use of chemical weapons and work to eliminate this weapon of mass destruction under global international control.
Briefly about the poisoning of Navalny
- On August 20, 2020, a plane with Alexei Navalny, who became ill on board, urgently landed in Russia. The politician fell into a coma. He was held in Russia for several days, then allowed to go to Germany for treatment.
- In October 2020, the OPCW confirmed that Navalny had been poisoned with a chemical nerve agent from the & # 171; Novichok & # 187; group.
Full tweet of the UK Mission to the OPCW:
Today, 45 States Parties, including the UK, have informed the OPCW Executive Council that they will officially send Russia the question of the poisoning of Alexei Navalny – in accordance with Article IX of the Convention. Russia has 10 days to respond.
- More than $ 1,600 per cubic meter: the EU is investigating the reasons for the record jump in gas prices
- France has calculated the number of pedophiles in the Catholic Church
- The author of the caricature of the Prophet Muhammad was killed in an accident in Sweden: he was repeatedly threatened
- Pandora Papers: which of the world leaders is hiding income in offshores
- UK doctors warn of dismissal due to vaccinations: deadline set