New diet 16:8.
This new diet promises weight loss in 12 weeks and without excessive force, informs Rus.Media.
Too late to carry out “operation bikini, but it’s never too late to start taking care of yourself. This is the diet 16:8, which increases the weight loss in just 12 weeks. This is confirmed by a study at the University of Illinois, Chicago.
The basics of diet, 16:8
This mode consists of the fact that there can be anything, but only for eight hours from 10:00 to 18:00. In the past sixteen hours there is a discharge of the body. This allows you to lose about 3% of the weight in three months.
Maybe some diet 16:8 reminds the 5:2 diet., but they have nothing in common, since the latter allows his followers to eat normally five days a week and consume only 25% of their typical diet over the last two days.
Although counting calories is not the staple diet of 16:8, the time limit forces people to consume about 300 calories a day less, which leads to inevitable weight loss.
The study’s author, Professor Krista varady, said that the idea of this diet is that weight loss is possible without counting calories and/or restrict certain products.
How the study was conducted
Researchers looked at 23 people with obesity whose average age was 45 years. Between 10:00 and 18:00 hours, participants could eat what they wanted, but for the rest of the time they were allowed to drink only water or noncaloric drinks such as zero soft drinks, black tea or coffee. Every day the participants recorded what they ate. Their weight loss results and blood pressure were compared with the results of those who lost weight on other diet.
The results of this study are similar to results that had other studies on alternating days (diet 5:2, for example). However, the benefits of a diet 16:8 is that it is easier to observe. When it comes to weight loss, people need to find what works for them because it can improve health.
The benefits of fasting
Intermittent fasting, which is performed in a controlled way, has health benefits. This is demonstrated by countries where fasting is prescribed as a therapeutic treatment of certain diseases. These benefits include:
1. Reducing the risk of cardiovascular pathologies. This is shown by studies conducted with 4500 patients in the Medical heart Institute Intermountain medical center in Utah, USA. The mean reduction of cardiovascular risk was 39% compared to people who did not starve.
2. The reduction of cholesterol. In the process of starvation the body needs to compensate somehow the lack of glucose. The levels of cholesterol, increase as HDL cholesterol, and LDL cholesterol, and this cholesterol is used as an energy substrate. Thus, cholesterol levels in plasma are reduced.
3. Reduction of hypertension. Starvation reduces systolic and diastolic blood pressure in people with mild hypertension. However, it should be borne in mind that in many cases patients with arteriosclerosis occurs hypertension. In this case, you should use a strategy to treat this pathology.
4. Anti-inflammatory effect. During the fasting period are formed metabolite beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB), which have inhibitory effect on one protein that is present in many inflammatory diseases.
5. Increase cell regeneration. Due to the increased production of growth hormone.
6. Weight loss. Fat body are mobilized for use in energy metabolism. In addition, normal levels of ghrelin, the so-called hunger hormone, which is secreted in the digestive system to control appetite.