This dish is very popular in the Balkans.
Shopska salad is a popular dish in Bulgarian cuisine. Love him in Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Albania. The composition of the salad includes fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, bell peppers (raw, pickled, roasted), cheese, greens (usually parsley), olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, informs Rus.Media.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 3 red peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 150 g of cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- a handful of olives
- salt; black pepper
1. The peppers bake in the oven at 200 C for 10 minutes, until the skin is not darken and not to tabulating.
2. Pepper wrap in a damp kitchen towel, then in plastic bag and leave for 10 minutes.
3. Cut the cucumber lengthwise, teaspoon to remove the seeds. Again cut lengthwise, then sliced across.
4. Tomatoes cut in half, cut out the stalk, then cut in half and even (in eight parts).
5. Onion peeled, cut in half, cut into thin half-rings, pour boiling water for 1 minute, drain.
6. To make the salad dressing: mix well the olive oil with the vinegar, pepper and salt.
7. Roasted red pepper peel, stalk and seeds, rinse and slice lengthwise stripes.
8. Mix everything carefully, lay on plates, pour with the dressing, grate the cheese on top and serve.