What are omens and superstitions associated with this particular terrible date.
From the phrase “Friday the 13th” many people have frightening associations. And if you believe the statistics, I’m afraid its about 60 million people and probably for good reason.
THE HISTORY OF FRIDAY THE 13TH
The fear of Friday the 13th has historical roots. Supposedly this day was about witches, vampires, and different evil, and the ball ruled by Satan himself. It is also believed that on this day Adam and eve ate the forbidden fruit, Cain killed Abel and was crucified Jesus Christ, informs Rus.Media.
On Friday, October 13, 1307, French king Philip IV ordered the arrest of all members of the knights Templar. Many were tortured and executed.
In addition, on 13 may 1988, there was an outbreak of a computer virus Jerusalem, which was programmed for a particularly devastating effect if the activated on Friday the 13th.
WHAT NOT TO DO ON FRIDAY THE 13TH
1. It is impossible to go on a journey, as this road will be full of troubles.
2. In this day a lot of accidents happen, so drivers should be especially careful while driving.
3. You should not go to the hospital or undergo surgery – can be bad consequences.
4. Appear dangerous computer viruses.
5. The plants are planted on Friday the 13th, will not grow and bear fruit.
6. It is believed that on this day it is forbidden to bathe and clip nails.
7. It is not necessary in this day to look for work or to go to the interview.
8. If the funeral of a man falls on this day, it is not excluded the death of someone else in the near future.
9. This day is fun, the drinks, delicious food, laughter. If you are having fun this day with you it might happen.
10. On Friday, the 13th, it is better not to get married.
11. On this day, it is impossible to conclude an important deal or to borrow money.
13. To bad omens have not come true – go to this day in the Church.
14. Before sleeping in the night of Friday 13 is not a long look in the mirror.
15. You shouldn’t use the words “pig” and “hell.”
16. You cannot stand under the stairs.
17. You need to beware of black cats and empty buckets.
18. It is better not to wear clothes of brown or red color.
19. You can’t dye your hair in an aubergine and red tones.
20. Leaving work on Friday, the 13th, in no case do not look back.
21. If you get caught in the rain coming home, don’t open in the flat umbrella.
Terrible events and catastrophes that occurred on Friday the 13th
- 13 Dec 1907 crashed semiactive schooner “Thomas W. Lawson” – the biggest ship of its class. The ship was named in honor of the author of the book “Friday the thirteenth”.
- June 13, 1947 in the Blue ridge mountains in Western Virginia (USA) crashed airliner the Douglas C-54, which killed 50 people.
- May 13, 1949 near Novosibirsk crashed airliner Il-12, which killed 25 people.
- 13 Oct 1972 near Moscow crashed airliner Il-62, which killed 174 people.
- October 13, 1972 crash occurred FH-227 in the Andes. Survivors after the crash, 72 days fought for life and become cannibals.
- 13 September 1996 in Las Vegas killed the famous rapper Tupac.
- 13 Jan 2012 there was a collapse of the liner “Costa Concordia”, on Board of which there were 4200 passengers and crew members.
- November 13 2015 there was a bloody terrorist attacks in Paris.