With its own government and currency.
In 2022 in the Pacific ocean will be the first independent floating country. She is going to live outside any government laws and to have its own cryptocurrency Vayron, reports Rus.Media.
The plan provides for the construction of the island-a town of 300 houses as well as hotels, restaurants and offices near the island of Tahiti.
Subsidized by PayPal founder Peter Thiel’s project is worth $50 million and is a pilot program. It is created in partnership with the government of Polynesia and is supported by the movement of academicians, philanthropists and investors.
Natalie Mezzo-Garcia, a political scientist and researcher of the project “Floating island” says:
“The inhabitants of the island will be free from the geopolitical fluctuations and trade issues. One day the country will be able to accept refugees who are forced to leave their homes because of climate change. We’ll see how it will work the first island, and in the case of a positive result will build others.”
In creating the island take part of the nonprofit organization Seasteading Institute and Blue Frontiers. Along with invest-company till they Finance the project through charitable contributions made through its own token — Vayron.
The house is planned to be covered “green roof” on which to grow vegetables. The construction will use local bamboo, coconut fiber and made of recycled metal and plastic.
All together would constitute an independent state, floating in international waters. It will be to live by their own laws in order to “liberate society from the politicians.”
This is how it will look:
1. Will look approximately so a new independent state in the Pacific ocean.
2. This program sponsors Peter Thiel and maintain academic, philanthropists and investors.
3. Seasteading Institute builds the house, hotels, offices and restaurants to “free humanity from politicians.”
4. Artificial island is perfectly integrated into the natural environment.
5. In the design of the island were taken into account such factors as the influx of waves, wind, sunshine and even the location of the stars.
6. So what can to look houses on the island.
7. The island takes into account the underwater landscape, the tides. So it will look off the coast of Tahiti.
8. Floating island will appear near the island of Tahiti.
9. The new country will be swimming in international waters and live by their own laws.
10. French Polynesia, consisting of 118 Islands, very interested in this project because of rising sea levels threatens to leave many of the Polynesians.
11. This year will be written in draft legislation, and in 2019 will start work on the Constitution. The floating Islands will aquaculture plants, hospitals, research institutes and environmentally friendly sources of energy.
12. The first city will be built of 11 rectangular and pentagonal platforms that can be moved at the request of citizens.
13. According to the calculations of Dutch engineers, the platform must be 50 m in length and 50 m in height to be safe for people and buildings.
14. The project is economically justified: the price of a platform is less than $15 million, which is similar to the price of land in London and new York.
Would you like to become a citizen?
Only the most interesting channels on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Telegram, subscribe and tell your friends!