The count did not go.
Geysers, volcanoes, lonely red cabins in the mountains, and dwarf horses with long bangs. That’s what we expect from Iceland, watching pictures. On arrival at the island of the elves, suddenly lost and don’t know where to start. Simply print this list and follow mi.
Must-do in Iceland:
- In Iceland you need to move. Permanent and everywhere. Perfect – trailer (+save on bed)/rental car, and a full circle around the island. The fact that the brakes in one place for a week or two – absolutely not rational (except that, if the main purpose of the retreat and the quest for the Zen). Move on, even if it seemed that everyone’s already seen-PureVideo (at this moment Iceland slyly grins). And yet, you can get around Iceland on foot. And with a suitcase on wheels.
- Couchsurfing. Housing in Iceland costs about the same as my kidney. Therefore, when planning a long trip around the country, use the Couchsurfing site. Here, the welcoming local (or not local, or have local) residents open the doors of their home and refrigerator. And this is not a metaphor: “I am not at home, but you go in, it’s open” is a normal phrase in Iceland from never seeing you early man.
- Enjoy the silence. The machines in Iceland you will hear no radio/no a Capella howls driver/singing with a guitar and no sounds from the drive.
- There are salmon and protein bars, drink smoothies. For fans of the omega-3 Iceland – heaven. Sandwiches with salmon you will find in any establishment in a simple but high-quality performance. And customers of shopping healthy snacks offers a wide range of protein bars (sugar free, with perfect compositions) and battery bottles with smoothies and green juices.
- Go to a restaurant Vinyl. There is a school in Reykjavik (and here usually starts a journey through Iceland), and has a special authentic atmosphere. Rates between institutions are almost indistinguishable – one meal will cost about 2 000 ISK (which is in euros – about 20).
- To allocate half of the day in bookstores. These boutiques knowledge here (in Reykjavik) consist of 2-3 floors and includes tons of interesting exhibits. By the way, near of Vinyl restaurant is located in the book flea market – here the book on/under/in you/of you/you all times, and in different languages.
- “Breakfast like a Queen, lunch like a Princess dinner like a beggar” – not in Iceland. Here is the eternal Breakfast. Well, what else would you call an intermediate snack for 25 euros, if not Royal? (for example, smoothies+toast with tuna).
- To drink water from the faucet. Yes, it is the same as that sold in bottles. Yes, Icelanders do it, so …
- Go home trolls, cheerfully eating licorice. (Both abound here).
- Chuhat the mane of the Icelandic horse! Definitely a must-do. NOT strictly must-do – to touch the fence – although it’s a great way to self-correct the sinus rhythm of the heart by means of the discharge current.
- To run in the mornings. Even if ever thrust to the sport was not. It’s just funny how you like running away, but remain in place because of the wind on your other plans.
- Photographed lupines. And it’s not about the Professor (Hello, Harry Potter). Lupins purple flowers that 10-15 years ago were sown in certain areas of Iceland to retain soil. Today the lupins – endemic residents, who are threatening to oust from the island all the others.
- Pass an independent course of crioterapia. Come on West-East to höfn to the glacier Vatnajokull, take a piece of the glacier, and gently cooled by the skin – conserves and freshen up. To see the sea lions, you can go sightseeing among glaciers (moving on a boat, pay 500 ISK pre-9 – about 100 euros).
- Organically programirovaniya. After that we go to Reynisfjara beach, Vik, (the one black) – fall in the minimum of clothing, and actively bury themselves in the sand. The result: soft skin, Horny layer of the epidermis remained on the ocean – instead of coins to return. (P. S ride away from the water, the guile of these waves is off the charts – at this point, a list of Must-do could end).
- To work with the best underground models. Just get a camera when meeting with the Icelandic sheep – any bewildered questions associated with this item will be removed.
- Soak in the volcano. Just to be able to say: “hi-my-name-is and I was in the volcano.”
- To exchange greetings with the kit. To see this epitome of monogamy, it is possible to go on Safari. For 100 euros you will dress up in a yellow raincoat, give up hot chocolate and a cinnamon bun and carted off deep into the ocean in place of the guaranteed accumulation whales. But there is one thing (besides the price). There is something unnatural in this organized stalking animals on the ship and as part of a crowd of tourists. I would like magic of the moment, a sudden swing of the tail during a leisurely evening promenade; only two of you – you and Keith. For this you need to go North to Akureyri or Husavik, to drive circles around the ocean, crossed for good luck fingers and pray to the Almighty.
- Swim in a waterfall. Here the choice of location is more than great. But the best option to be in close proximity with the elements to come to the waterfall Seljalandsfoss. Here it can be approached from the back side to wet, to face a powerful jet, it is terrible to freeze, and forget the happiness.
- Warming by the geyser. This route is incredibly logical: the previous, current, and following items – a gold ring. Attractions are in close proximity to each other, and complemented each other harmoniously. (Talking about the valley of geysers Haukadalur).
- Visit the third link of the Golden ring – the Gullfoss waterfall. This exhibit consists of many water “steps”, so in Sunny weather you can see the massive accumulation of rainbows. It is best to go at night to be able to approach closer, not fighting battles with crowds of photographers and tourists.
- To perezgrovas with all the locals. At first it’s shocking, rolling out your eyes and opens his mouth in disbelief, but gradually (after the 10th is welcome pozdorovilos with you Icelander), the muscles relax, the face explodes into a smile, and you could hardly hold back, not to gently kiss the first comer.
- Be as open-mind. This small piece of land on the map that will lead to such global changes each set foot. Iceland gives a sense of infinity and freedom; eliminates all clichés and patterns; make humane, open and ready to accept (myself, people and the whole, but a single world).
- To promise yourself to return again.